Monday 4 March 2013

A New Inspiration Deck

I'm loving card decks, lately. I love having 52 pieces of art as one tight little package.

I Gesso'd and then watercoloured one side of my latest deck. Aren't the colours magical?!

I'm working on inspirational sayings using watercolour outlined with pen. Here are a few that I've come up with so far. I wanted to highlight the first letters on each one, as I'm doing an alphabet sub-theme.

I challenge you to make your own deck of 52 little pieces of art.
You can look at Jessica Brogan's In Search Of Dessert if you would like some inspiration. Jessica and her swap are what motivated me to begin exploring card deck in the first place!

I'm not sure that this deck will be entered into the swap; I kind of like it in its entirety so far. 
More pics to come as the cards become more developed!

1 comment:

  1. love the idea. have it on my to do list after my move.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)