Monday 25 February 2013

New Journal Covers

Inspired by my friend Tammy Murdock at Embellish Studios, I am exploring the art of making soft-covered journals.

I am going to start carrying one around to see how I like it. I'm used to hardcover journals, so this might take some getting used to, especially in the sense of durability!

I've recently collaged on some painted Tyvex which I am going to use for my first journal. I am going to attempt to sew in my signatures using my sewing machine and a leather needle. I'll keep you posted :)

Here is the cover in its finished state. Now to make it into a journal!

A close-up of the collage elements. You can see that I used my sewing machine to secure some of the collage bits. 
 
The view from the top of the cover. I love the marbly texture of the blue paint on the green background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)