I love guerilla art.
Guerilla Art: n. leaving anonymous art in public places.
Today I made this up and posted it on a wall in the main-floor hallway of my school.
When I checked back 25 minutes later, there were two missing (!!!).
There had been a class intermission during that time, so LOTS of people walked by it!
I've heard of other artist friends leaving their creative marks in their cities:
- leaving an art card at a table in a local coffee shop
- writing a message in chalk on the sidewalk
- giving a love letter to a stranger (randomly on the street)
- leaving a note of kindness or inspiration within the pages of a library book
- yarnbombing (often in the form as a hand-knitted piece wrapped around a bench or tree)
I think that the reason why I love guerilla art so much is that it is secretive for the artist and surprising for the recipient.
I love secrets.
I also love surprises.
Have you ever done any guerilla art?