Wednesday 26 September 2012

Inspired By Carla Sonheim

I've recently been looking at Carla Sonheim and her silly, seemingly-haphazard way of creating art.  

There's a lot of buzz about her right now because she has just released a new book about drawing and painting imaginary animals.

Her creatures are adorable, and seem to be fairly easy to create with her steps. I'm hoping to win a copy from her blog so that I can review it and let you all know what to expect!

In the meantime, I've been working on my own imaginary creature in my mini art journal (more about this journal on Friday).

He has large teeth and very flexible, flappy lips. He's a herbivore who loooooves to eat flowers :)  

1 comment:

  1. Super page! Love the "nom" -- and the sparing use of color. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)