Friday 7 October 2011

Getting Ready for a Long Weekend

In addition to TWO turkey dinners this Thanksgiving weekend (one hosted by yours truly and the Monkey), I'm hoping to get some time to do some art. I have two art shows coming up, so a lot of my creativity has been going into getting stuff prepared for them in November. In other words, I haven't had time to just sit and CREATE.

In preparation for this weekend, I've made some simple backgrounds in my 8x11 journal. I really like this journal because it is spiral bound and the page size is perfect for a good solid entry. Have a look and let me know what you think.



Origami paper and watercolor

Watercolor and pencil crayon



Close-up of double-face pencil crayon

Washi tape and watercolor

I wanted to show this one close up so that you can share my excitement about my awesome new Washi tape.
That, and I'm really digging the moody watercolor effects that I've been getting on some of these pages...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)