Monday 22 October 2012

A Huge Mixed Media Collage

This mixed media piece was a wedding gift from me for my husband.

I made it for him in the Spring of 2010, and it's still hanging today. I get inspiration from it when I'm having a hard time creating art.

First I chose the main colour that I wanted to use. I went though my fabrics, ephemera and papers to find pieces in that colour.

I painted the background of the piece in varying shades of blue.

It's a little hard to tell, but the piece is about 4 feet wide by 1.75 feet high.

After I had collaged all of my papers, ephemera and fabrics, I unraveled a full roll of light blue thread to use over the whole piece.
I then collaged a smaller canvas with shades of white and made a stencil on my computer with the words "I love your everything."


The piece is above our sofa in the living room - a secondary focal point for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)