Friday 3 August 2012

A Walk Through Chinatown

This week I took a walk through Chinatown. 

I was truly amazed at many of the things that I saw, so I thought I would take some photos and share them with you. 

Just LOOK at the organization in this man's shop. Every jar is labelled in the same way. Not to mention the drawers...
I thought this packaging was just great! I think the products were digestive aids...
Huge bags of sardines for $3.50 - if only I liked sardines...
There were rows upon rows of mysterious roots, leaves and fungi. I had no idea what 98% of the products were, but I loved the ways they were displayed!
This is a DIFFERENT herb shop with a similar organization system - jars and drawers underneath.
This little package of thread was only a buck and had images printed over the wound spools. 
These huge fungi were literally 10-12 inches in diameter! I wonder what they would be used for...

Shopping in Chinatown made me realize how much I DON'T know about cooking and herbs. I found the experience a little overwhelming. I'm not sure that I would want to learn if I had such large quantities and varieties to choose from!

1 comment:

  1. I love Chinatown...been going there since I was small..My Dad worked near Gastown and we walked there many times for dinner.. My children weren't so enthralled with the place...but enjoyed the Chinese New Years parade..love the smell ,sights and sounds....ate at the Red Door down a creepy alley....xxx bettyann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)