Friday 30 March 2012

A Take-Along Journal


I'm going to a health retreat this weekend and I decided that I needed a little journal to bring with me.

Last year at the same retreat I filled many pages of my main journal with musings. This year I want a separate journal for this weekend only.

I started by choosing a hardcover book cover that I'd already stripped for its pages (for other collage projects). I sliced along the spine so that I got three separate pieces. I'll use the spine in another project, but for this one I just need the two covers. 
The inside covers are totally adorable, so I'll be keeping those intact instead of collaging over them. 

Then I picked out some nice Spring-y papers to put into the journal and cut them down to size - just slightly under the size of the cover.

Then I put the pages through my binding machine. I chose a half inch wire coil binding for this little journal. 


The end result is a great little note book that measures 4.5 by 6 inches. It`ll be perfect for jotting down musings, sketches and thoughts while I`m away this weekend.




























2 comments:

  1. That is TOOO cute, Shannon! I love it.....hope you'll bring it to the art group next weekend :) Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I think I'll prepare some journals ahead of time, just for take-along-days!
    Thanks for this great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)