Monday 18 March 2013

Art Journal Play


I REALLY wish that I had taken process photos of this page. There are literally 5-6 layers on this page - paints, stencils, fixative, white gel pen, more paint...


I was inspired by a recent collaborative piece by Melissa Peacock and Nolwenn Petitbois, however, this piece is ALL ME :)


 You can see the layers and layers of paints here. The flower was one of the many stencils that I used for this busy background. I outlined its form (roughly) with white gel pen.


I must admit that it was hard to cover the majority of the page with white paint. I chose the honeycomb spaces carefully, looking for the spaces with the most diversity of colours.

This style of painting was (I believe) made famous by Tracy Verdugo. She paints the most exquisitely chaotic backgrounds, then blocks out shapes and images to finish off her paintings. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)