Friday 11 January 2013

Map Making

Mary Nasser and Jill Berry are MASTERS of journaling with maps and making maps into mixed media adventures.

Inspired by them today, I am working on a map of an imaginary island/peninsula.

I live on a peninsula, so I'm becoming more and more fascinated with their geographic nature. If you click on this link, I am close to the "A", about a km from the Ocean Park Pizza that is listed.

I took photos during my process, so that you can see the development of this page.










Add caption
I think that I'll go over the black lines again now that I've finished with the watercolours. I'm disappointed that the paint showed up so much over top of the black ink.

What do you think of this piece?

1 comment:

  1. I really love the simplicity of it! It's like an illustration from a child's book.

    I think this might be one of the things I play around with today but I'll take the warning from you about paint over the lines and use pencil first, then paint and add my lines later! You've saved me from a tedious (yet pleasurable) job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)