Friday 21 December 2012

Chickadee-dee-dee

We have loads of chickadees at our feeders this winter. My husband loves taking care of the birds, and so our feeders are alwways fresh and full.

Today I've been working a little bit with my waterfolour paints.

I use watercolours a lot in my art, but I've never actually done a painting using watercolours.

I looked up some chickadees on Google, masked out my page with green painters' tape, and went to work.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt. It isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty good.




I spent a lot of time working on the grass/branch area. I didn't want to do chickadee talons, so I decided to bury them.


I love the way that watercolours dry. The sky looks textured and cloudy.


Here it is after I removed the tape. Nice crisp lines. I think I'll frame it :)


1 comment:

  1. Nice Chickadee! I love seeing them at our feeders too! I made a chickadee name tag for work last week, I like 'em so much. :)
    http://hhcampbell.blogspot.com/2012/12/chickadee.html
    Merry Christmas, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)