Today I've been working a little bit with my waterfolour paints.
I use watercolours a lot in my art, but I've never actually done a painting using watercolours.
I looked up some chickadees on Google, masked out my page with green painters' tape, and went to work.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with my first attempt. It isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty good.
|I spent a lot of time working on the grass/branch area. I didn't want to do chickadee talons, so I decided to bury them.|
|I love the way that watercolours dry. The sky looks textured and cloudy.|
|Here it is after I removed the tape. Nice crisp lines. I think I'll frame it :)|