Wednesday 5 December 2012

Altered Book Swap Page

This month in the SAS altered book swap, I'm working in MaryAnn's book.

If I haven't told you already, there are twelve of us in the Sisters in Art Society who are passing around books that we've prepped for altering. Each of has chosen a book to be altered, and each of us has a theme.

MaryAnn's theme is Postcards. She had a selection of her favourite postcards that we could use for inspiration, and I chose this one of "pretty ladies."

Materials
- magazine cutouts for the border
- watercolour paint background
- Sakura jelly roll pen for embellishments on top of the magazine border (in white)
- Copic marker in black 1.0 tip for lettering
- Papermate felt tip in turquoise for some or the swirling
- red acrylic paint to outline the postcard

A bit of a blurry picture, but I wanted to give you the overall scope of the piece. 
Always working hard on lettering, here I played with some different styles...

The quote that I've added to the page says
"Diamonds are nice and so are pearls, but there's nothing like us pretty girls"

I love the imperfect red line. I think it looks like lipstick :)


1 comment:

  1. I love your page. It's perfect, and yes, the red line looks like lipstick. I like your choice of quotes too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)