If I haven't told you already, there are twelve of us in the Sisters in Art Society who are passing around books that we've prepped for altering. Each of has chosen a book to be altered, and each of us has a theme.
MaryAnn's theme is Postcards. She had a selection of her favourite postcards that we could use for inspiration, and I chose this one of "pretty ladies."
- magazine cutouts for the border
- watercolour paint background
- Sakura jelly roll pen for embellishments on top of the magazine border (in white)
- Copic marker in black 1.0 tip for lettering
- Papermate felt tip in turquoise for some or the swirling
- red acrylic paint to outline the postcard
|A bit of a blurry picture, but I wanted to give you the overall scope of the piece.|
|Always working hard on lettering, here I played with some different styles...|
|The quote that I've added to the page says |
"Diamonds are nice and so are pearls, but there's nothing like us pretty girls"
|I love the imperfect red line. I think it looks like lipstick :)|