Friday 9 November 2012

Book Review: Hand Lettering

This weekend I sat down with a new purchase: Hand Lettering by Marci Donley and DeAnn Singh

While it didn't force me out the chair and into the studio, it did really give me a huge understanding of the formation of lettering. More importantly, it encouraged me to create my own lettering styles using their practice templates and tips.



Here is a photo from the book - the authors.
I liked that this book showed practical ways of using lettering, not just cutesy cards.
Here is a mixed media piece that I was drawn to.
Of course there are so many uses for hand lettering - here was a neat way of joining the letters.
This style of lettering is called Clothesline.
In summary, this book was a good purchase, but I'm still searching for *the* lettering book that will inspire me go through all of my art journals and go letter-crazy.

Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)