Wednesday 4 July 2012

Journeys Await

Over the next three weeks I will be out of touch with the digital world.

While the thought makes me feel anxious, there is a part of me that is yearning for the calm of a mind that is not consumed by technological stimuli.

Where am I going?

Two different places.

The first place is an over-indulgent, all-inclusive week in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Here is a link to see where we'll be staying.

The second place on my list of travels is where the real change of pace comes in. I'll be attending a 10-day silent retreat at the Dhamma Surabhi Vipassana Meditation Centre of British Columbia. Ten days of no speaking, gestures, reading, writing, or electronics.

Ten days of being.

I encourage you to click on this link and to read the Code of Conduct - it's going to be a real treat to escape from everything and just be me.

I'm hoping that when I get back on the 28th of July, I will be ready to resume daily blogging. I know for certain that I will be itching to get into my art upon my return!

I hope you'll all enjoy your Julys and that you'll join me in August!

Much love,
Shannon

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time in both places. I'm eager to hear how you enjoy the Dhamma Center stay. What a challenge in our techie age, but what a relief to just BE. I'll be eagerly awaiting your stories when you return. Happy July to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shannon. The Cabo place looks beautiful. What a great way to set upself up to be ready for the Vipassana. I too am eager to hear your stories when you return. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Shannon what a difference...not sure I would be able to complete the second part of your journey...interested in your feelings after you complete it. take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Shannon, I can't even imagine! You will have such interesting stories to tell upon your return. Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)