Friday 4 May 2012

I Might Be A Social Media Junkie

I love Facebook. I'm sorry. I really do.

I love seeing what friends are up to - which ones are getting married, which ones have started small businesses that I can help by supporting, which restaurants some are trying, what kinds of travel they do.

I like learning about people and discovering different preferences, tastes, hobbies, habits...

I don't think that my love for Facebook makes me shallow; I think that it makes me a supportive friend. I am happy to give engcouragement when a friend admits they're under the weather. I love looking at baby pictures and wondering how a new mother chose the name for her child. I love seeing friends embark upon new endeavours.

That being said, I've encorporated my own blog and hobby into a Facebook Page.

If you click here, you can see it.

I didn't do it for fame or fortune; I did it so that people with similar interests (things that I discuss on my blog) can enjoy my musings when they're on Facebook instead of having to click through to 43 different sites every day.

Is that so wrong?

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to know how you got the facebook box on your blog. I've been trying to figure it out but have not been successful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)