Thursday 15 December 2011

Our Big International Mixed Media Postcard Swap Starts TOMORROW!!

Wanna get a head start? Start making postcards using mixed media!

Wait a minute...what is mixed media? Simply put: any combination of art supplies used on the same piece of art.

Mixed Media: "A technique involving the use of two or more artistic media, such as ink and pastel or painting and collage, that are combined in a single composition."

Ink and Pastel. Painting and Collage. Photography and Ink. Crochet and Ink. Embroidery and Watercolour. Pastel and Felt Markers. Or get crazy and mix 3, 4, 5 of these together! The possibilites are endless!

Here is an example that I made today in my art journal using crayons and origami paper.

I absolutely love my Crayola Twistable Crayons!!
And here is another example using paint, old book pages (collaged together in the background), a felt marker and a feather:


Get the idea? If you have ANY questions, let me know in the comments section or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your email address so that I can write back to you :)